Individuals and Communities Acting Now to Prevent Diabetes©
Bringing the National Diabetes Prevention Program to Minnesota
I CAN Prevent Diabetes is a collaborative, community-based, lifestyle change program designed for people with pre-diabetes. The Minnesota Individuals and Communities Acting Now Prevent Diabetes (I CAN PD) offers diabetes prevention education and support for people with pre-diabetes. ICANPD is a marketing term for promoting the National Diabetes Prevention Program in Minnesota. It is based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s curriculum and National Diabetes Prevention Recognition standards.
I CAN PD is just one of many NDPP programs in Minnesota. The Minnesota Diabetes Program endorses the availability and accessibility of all NDP- based programs to all Minnesotans at risk for developing diabetes. Click here for a list of NDPP Sites and Courses in Minnesota. Fill out the NDPP course form and add your program to the NDPP calendar.
Type 2 diabetes can be prevented or delayed in people with pre-diabetes if they make simple changes to increase physical activity and lose weight.
This program provides the tools to prevent or delay adult type 2 diabetes where you live.
- Training Opportunities for NDPP Lifestyle Program Coaches
- An Evidence-Based 16 Week Class with 8 Monthly Post-core Maintenance Curriculum
- Strategies for Recruiting People in Community, Work or Clinic Settings
- Tips for Partnering With Other Organizations in Your Community to Defeat Diabetes
- Resources for Promoting your Program and Tracking your Progress
- A Diabetes Prevention Model that Builds Partnerships Between Minnesota Community, Health Care Providers, Worksite and Public Health Officials